Friday 8 October 2010

There's no pill I can recommend where the side effects aren't guaranteed to send you round the bend

I have just had my first encounter with the American health care system. The basic gist I get from it is - people in the UK, please don't ever moan about the NHS any more and people in America, get yourself an NHS.

I went to the dentist with an abscess. And what a palaver. Unless you are shelling out the cash upfront, the dentist has to talk to your insurance company to see what they will and won't pay for. Thankfully our insurance paid for my treatment but please, what sort of way is that to provide health care for people?

Then it was down to the pharmacy - the cost of three prescriptions? Nearly 90 dollars! It puts £7.20 per prescription item into perspective. I shall never complain about prescription costs ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment