Monday 14 February 2011

Soft as velvet eyes can see bring me close to ecstasy

The weirdness of this country never ceases to amaze me. As I am sure you are all aware today is Valentines day. Fair enough, send your anonymous cards and flowers and chocolates to the object of you desires if you must. But here they treat it like its a holiday like Christmas. Giselle has received emails from her customers with Happy Valentines Day greetings on them. The Management Office of our apartment building have given everyone Valentines presents (a bag of gourmet popcorn). I will no doubt be wished a happy Valentines day in the supermarket later. I find it all a bit disconcerting, its not my bloody birthday so I do not want to wished a 'happy day'. I think they miss what its about myself (or maybe not as people always maintain its a made up excuse for greeting card companies to make money....).

Anyway, happy St Cyril and St Methodius's day.

1 comment:

  1. And you can't even say 'Bah Humbug' to it all.

    MInd you I hope you sent Giselle an suitably anonymous card???

    ReplyDelete