Saturday 27 August 2011

They jumped into a white car with out of state plates

As you are probably aware, theres a storm a-comin'. We have our torch, food and our water (and a load of beer) ready. I sort of understand why but the east coast of America does seem to be in a Hollywood-like state of panic at the moment. The last time I experienced a real hurricane I was in Havana. The only thing I knew about it was some said to me the day before that there was going to be a thunderstorm. None of this run away stuff. I think that the thing that tells you most about America is that in the list of precautions you need to take is make sure you have a months worth of your prescription drugs....

And if you hear that the state of New Hampshire has declared a state of emergency, don't panic. Apparently all it means is that the state can get federal money to clear up; they won't have declared martial law (I hope).

Oh and who knew there was a place in North Carolina called Nags Head?

No comments:

Post a Comment