Monday 27 September 2010

And I have seen the tiger smile, I spit in the bamboo viper's face

The state of New Hampshire Department of Motor Vehicles have seen fit to grant me a driving license. They made me work for it - I had to do a theory and a practical test. The theory test without the aid of revision. We went to get our driving licenses over a week ago and were expecting to get whatever the equivalent of a provisional license is.

We took our sheaf of required paper work, all in order. The lady behind the counter (who was nothing like either Patty or Selma) said "Right go to booth four and take your theory test" Er, what now? Apparently yes. So more by luck than judgement I reached the required pass point. We returned this morning to do the practical part. I now know why there are so many shit drivers on America's roads. I didn't even have to do the parallel parking or three point turn elements like I was lead to believe that I would. For the record, Giselle passed hers too.

So I too can now go and make the slip roads of America chaos too.

3 comments:

  1. Lord have mercy... Does this mean you'll be able to translate this into a Euro-License and avoid the need to ever learn how to park, do a three-point turn or reverse around a corner? Coo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, they don't do that anymore - you have to pass your test in Europe now. However, I can use it in Europe in the same way that I can use my UK license in the US. The reason we had to get the US licenses is all to do with owning a car rather than just driving one.

    ReplyDelete