Tuesday 21 September 2010

You don't have to live next to me, just give me my equality

We went to this tonight. Its hard to fathom that this is a country where there were places where it wasn't that different to Apartheid South Africa in living memory. In some ways it was frightening to listen to someone who had to do what he (and hundreds of other like him) did, just to get people the right to vote. The right to go and put a cross on a bit of paper, something that we all have taken for granted since we were 18. I can't really get my head around the whole thing. Despite all of this, the talk was uplifting and how can you not be moved in a positive way by listening to someone who was at the coal face of history?

Oh, whilst buying a book from him after he said to me "I like your t-shirt, very nice". Can you guess which t-shirt I was wearing tonight? Yes, it was that t-shirt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment