Wednesday 8 September 2010

Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall

Having watched the candidates debates of the prospective candidates for Congress on our local ABC channel tonight I now know two things.

The first is that gawd help British politicians if Cameron ever gets his way of having the idea of Primaries in the UK. Having watched both the Democrat and Republican debates one thing was very clear  - all the people who were on the stage shared one thing in common, they were very polished politicians who could answer questions off the cuff in a way. And whether one agreed with their responses or not, none of it was cringe making in the way I fear it would have been if one were watching two or three Tory or Labour candidates from the Chipping Barnet constituency doing the same thing. I'm not suggesting that this is necessarily a good thing, after all one wants (and perhaps needs) politicians with a bit of character. But I don't think your average person who wants to be a parliamentary candidate in the UK would be quite as telegenic.

The second is that I am glad I don't have make a choice as I am not sure I would want to chose any of them.

1 comment:

  1. Could always host a tea party? Oh hang on .....
    cheers ,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete