Tuesday 11 January 2011

I waved to my neighbour, and my neighbour waved to me

I'm currently sitting watching the news. Along the bottom of it are a list of schools that are closing tomorrow. Apparently there are 4,000 snow plough revving up in Massachusetts with 25,000 tons of salt waiting to be spread (can't tell you about New Hampshire's preparations, their news isn't on for another hour). Yep, its about to snow and its a major Nor'easter. It all kicks off at 3 in the morning and we are supposedly getting up to 18 inches by 3 tomorrow afternoon. So we probably will, they were pretty accurate last time.

And who knew that a blizzard had a proper definition - 35 mph winds, visibility of less than a quarter of mile and a three hour plus duration, in case you were interested.  And we due to get something called Thundersnow whatever that might be (I am assuming a thunders storm whilst it snows).

How exciting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment