Sunday 23 January 2011

Took my chances on a big jet plane, don't ever let them tell you that they are all the same*

What a difference 2700 miles makes. I have just been wandering around in my t-shirt. A very nice and temperate 18 degrees. New England, I laugh at your winter! We have only been here for a few hours and you are all right, San Francisco is loverly. But it ain't half steep, wouldn't fancy it on a bicycle. I did feel the urge to come over all Bullitt whilst driving around though.




Its like a different country here (and not just the weather). The buildings, the trees. You can really see why that ridiculous percentage of Americans don't have passports - why bother when the country that you live in so varied and vast (not that this excuses them from not leaving, just explains it).

I now have four days driving around California in our hired Dodge Charger doing what I like to do best. Not nearly as exciting as it sounds though (the car, not the driving around, although.......), I am a bit disappointed truth be told - not the muscle car it started of life as in the sixties, just a nice shaped large saloon car now, albeit with a three and half litred engine Giselle is at an exhibition until Thursday after which we are on holiday for a week, which we spend getting from here to Vegas. I believe what they call in these parts, a road trip.

* -this song is the genesis of the whole post titles as lyrics thing, since I have know for months and months that we were, er, coming to California and have been waiting nearly a year to use it. Oh the little things....

2 comments:

  1. I might get to Widecombe Fair this year. I shall start a blog with just this eventuality in mind. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But are you moving to Widecombe?

    ReplyDelete