Friday 28 January 2011

Jump up from my star bed and make another day under my California stars

Well, California is very nice isn't it. I have driven about a thousand miles in the last four days and have seen a fair bit of it. Well, sometimes. Why did nobody tell me about the valley fog? I went to the Central Valley on Tuesday and spent most of it driving around in fog that you couldn't see more than 10 feet away in. Which is a shame because here in SF it has been sunny and 70 degrees.

Sacramento is interesting, they have actually kept the old town (only I don't think the cars are authentic frontier town cars).



And I have driven through a couple of towns that consist of single storey wooden shacks, population 902. Which you get to by driving along a levee road with no fences between you and the irrigation canal and a 20 foot drop to the water - it sort of sharpens the mind whilst driving.

And I have changed my mind - I love my Dodge Charger. Especially after some local yoof told me "cool car mister" (or whatever the local vernacular for that was) when I was parking it today. Oh how easy it is to massage the middle aged ego.....

1 comment:

  1. Teh aforementioned yoof wasn't sitting on a porch strumming on a homemade banjo by any chance was he?

    ReplyDelete